True Colours Education was set up because of my passion to help children learn.
As a primary school teacher and private tutor for over twenty years, I find it truly rewarding to watch a young person grow in confidence and self-esteem.
There are many struggles for children today which can quickly suppress good feelings of achievement and this, in turn, can lead to problems in the classroom whether it be academic, social or emotional.
As a fully qualified and well-experienced teacher it is my aim to help these young people come to terms with their issues and begin to enjoy learning once again.
- BA Combined Hons Degree in English and Theology (Birmingham University)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (Birmingham University)
- Dyslexia Summer School (Dyslexia Action)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Children and Adolescents (Open Learning)
- Phoenix Bereavement Support Services training and volunteer work with children and families.
My experience :
- Ten years teaching at Gorsley Goffs Primary School, Herefordshire
- Eleven years as a private tutor specialising in KS1 / KS2 Numeracy and Literacy; SAT’s preparation; dyslexia support and working with vulnerable children
- Four years working with Herefordshire Libraries in Early Years and Schools Library Service
- Four years working with Countryside Restoration Trust as Education Officer for Awnells Farm, Herefordshire
- Recently working voluntarily with Phoenix Bereavement Support Services for children